It's been a long time since I had the time to post something on here. The past few months have been extremely busy and went so fast! A lot has happened too, I started a new job and got engaged! (YAY!) I am trying my best to find the time to continue to post recipes without compromising on the quality. This recipe has been tested and approved as usual and I couldn't wait to share it with you all. It's so flavourful and so easy, by now you know that I am a fan of recipes that are easy and quick but still delicious. It's a great dish to make for dinner and pack the leftovers for your lunch the next day. I hope you will give it a go and I hope you'll enjoy it. x
Serves: 4 Prep time: 15 mins Cooking time: 45 mins
- Organic Chicken
- 1 Mug of Basmati rice
- 2 Teaspoon of Harissa
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 5 Grs ( about 3 to 4 branches) of Dill
- 1 Mug of Peas
- 10 Grs Dried Apricots
- 50 Grs Pistachios
- Cumin (opt)
- Pre-heat the oven at 200°C
- Pour your rice in the rice cooker and add some cold water without turning it on.
- Let the rice sit in the water for 20mns, it will make it extra fluffly
- Mix the Harissa, some salt & Olive Oil in a small bowl mix well
- Brush the mixture on the chicken
- Once the oven is hot, cook the chicken for 40-45mns
- After the 20mns pour the cold water and add 1 mug and half of new water on top of the rice in a rice cooker.
- Cook the rice and add the peas to the steaming basket on top and cover with lid ( The rice cooker should stop once the rice is cooked, if not it takes approx. 20 mns)
- While the rice is cooking cut the dill, apricots and pistachios
- Mix together and add some salt, a drizzle of olive oil and a pinch of cumin
- If the rice and peas are cooked, mixed them together adding all the toppings
- Wait until the chicken is cooked and serve together
Note*: I only recommend to use Cap Bon Harissa as it's the most authentic.