Like any One-pot recipe, this is very easy to make. Throw everything in a pot, cover, let it cook and voila! I kind of made up this recipe, I'm sure something similar exists but I never looked it up. I just thought potatoes, peas & curry sounded like something that could taste nice, so tried to make a dish out of those ingredients and this is what came out. I really like this recipe, it's tasty and spicy without being over powering, the peas add sweetness and the potatoes are so comforting. I usually don't get filled up when I have veggie meals but this is definitely filling and very satisfying.
Serves: 2 Prep Time:10 mns Cooking Time: 30 to 40 mns
- 1 Kg of baby Potatoes
- 300 Grs of Peas
- 3 Medium sized onions
- 100 ml of Olive Oil
- 350 ml of Water
- 3 Teaspoons of Curry Powder
- 2 Teaspoons of Pink Himalayan Salt
- Coriander to sprinkle on top (Optional)
- Thinly chop the onions, you can use a food processor just make sure not to turn the onions to a watery puree, few pulses should be enough.
- Cut the baby potatoes in halves
- Pour the oil in a big cooking pot
- Add the onions, curry & salt & mix everything together
- Cook until the onions become translucent
- Once the onions are cooked, add the water,the potatoes & the peas
- Let it cook on medium heat for 30 to 40 mins with a lid on
- Once the sauce has thickened and the potatoes are cooked, the dish is ready.
- Sprinkle some Coriander on top