Easy, healthy & tasty post-gym dinner. When I come back after gym starving and craving something healthy but filling and tasty, this recipe is my solution. Only 4 ingredients, I don't think you can get healthier than fish & greens oven baked without any added oil. Leeks & Salmon are a classic combination, it works really well together and the peppers add so much flavor to the whole dish and take it from basic to amazing. It's important to freshly grind the peppercorns to get as some flavors out of them and get that nice kick. It should'nt be too spicy but if you're scared that it will be just make sure your layer is thin. Enjoy!
Serves: 2 Prep Time:10 mins Cooking Time: 20 mins for the Salmon /1h for the Leeks
- 500 grs of Leeks
- 2 Salmon fillets
- 7 grs of Rainbow Peppercorns (White/Pink/Black)
- Pink Himalayan Salt
- Pre-heat the oven at 180 °C
- Using a mortar & pestle, grind the peppercorns
- Add 1 Teaspoon of Salt to the peppers
- Cover the Salmon fillets with a nice layer of salt & peppers to create a crust
- Foil bake the Salmon for 20 mins
- Trim the edges of the leeks and cut into slices or in lenght, I believe cutting them in slices will help cook them quicker.
- Put the Leeks on a baking tray covered with baking paper or foil
- Turn every now & then to make sure the leeks are cooked evenly
- Once the Salmon is ready leave it in its papillote outside the oven to keep its temperature
- The Leeks should be ready when every side is tender
Note*: The very green bits of the Leeks tend to burn and dry out, just get rid of them and serve the rest.