I had a very bad food day on Saturday, so to balance it out I tried to be very good on Sunday and make this super healthy lunch. I was a bit skeptical but after the first bite all my fears went away. It was so nice that I made some for lunch today. The pesto is the best pesto I ever had and it's a recipe from Sabrina Ghayour beautiful/ must have book Persiana.
Serves: 2 Prep Time:15 mins Cooking Time: 12 mins for the Kale / 40 mins for the Squash
- 1 Butternut Squash
- 200 Grs of Kale
- 50 Grs of Parmesan
- 50 Grs of Pistachios
- 10 Grs of Coriander
- 10 Grs of Parsley
- 10 Grs of Dill
- 4 Tablespoons of Olive Oil
- 1/4 of a Red Onion
- Pre-heat the oven at 200 °C
- Slice the Squash
- Roast the Squash for 30 to 40 mins
- Slice the Onion
- Put the Pistachios, Olive Oil, Parmesan & herbs in a food processor
- Grind until you get a texture that you're happy with.
- Spread the pesto on the squash,
- Lay everything on a plate & serve
Note*: The pesto has a grainy texture, you can add more oil if you want it to be more liquid, I tried to keep this recipe as healthy as possible.