Last week, I got injured at gym and had to stay at home 4 days in a row without moving, so this was a treat to make me feel better. A little break from my healthy eating that didn't really feel that bad because of how airy and light this taste. I know, it's hard to believe when you look at these pictures but the pancakes and the mascarpone are so fluffy and the lemon add freshness that tricks you into thinking that it's healthy.
The pancake recipe is Nigella's and truly the best pancake recipe, I've made it few times and it never fails.
Makes: approx 12 Pancakes Prep Time: 5 mins Cooking time: 30-45 mins
For the Pancakes:
- 600 Grams plain Flour
- 3 tablespoons Baking Powder
- 2 teaspoons Bicarbonate of soda
- 1 teaspoon Salt
For the batter - to each 150g / 1 cup of pancake mix, add and whisk together
- 1 large Egg
- 250 ml of Milk
- 1 tablespoon melted Butter
For the Blueberry Syrup :
- 200 Grams of Blueberries
- 1 teaspoon of Sugar
Lemon Mascarpone :
- 250 Grams of Mascarpone
- The zest of 1 Lemon
- Put the blueberries in a sauce pan on very low heat and add the teaspoon of sugar halfway through the cooking, leave it to cook until the pancakes are ready.
- For the Pancake mix: Mix all the dry ingredients together and store the extra in a jar.
- Use 150 Grams of Pancake Mix and add the wet ingredients as listed above
- Heat a non stick pan
- Drop 2 tablespoons of batter into the hot pan
- When bubbles appear on the surface of the pancakes, flip them over to make them golden brown on both sides
- Zest the lemon and mix it with the mascarpone
- Whisk the mascarpone until nice & fluffy (this is optional but it makes a huge difference)
- Leave to set in the fridge until the pancakes are cooled, it laso gives time to the lemon to release its flavour
- Layer the pancakes on a plate and spread some mascarpone between the layers then pour the blueberry syrup on top.
- Add some lemon zest for decoration
*Note: Whisking the mascarpone is optional but makes such a difference, it gives an airy, fluffy feel to it, in order to get it fluffly the mascarpone has to be cold.